Summer is the season of spontaneity, adventures, and vacations! But don’t leave your #BestSelf at home just because you’re on the go. Here are some hacks for staying happy and healthy all vacay long.
- Taking a road trip? Ditch the chips! Pack healthy options at home and add some variety along the way; long country roads are a treasure trove of fruit stands and farmer’s markets just waiting to be found.
- Flying is fast and fun, but can take a toll on your energy and natural glow. Make sure to stay hydrated with plenty of water and keep Vitamin C levels up by eating oranges, red peppers, and other fresh, Vitamin C rich foods.
- Camping is the best. Starry nights, campfires, and dreamy hikes? What s’more could you ask for? (sorry not sorry) But we guess you could do without the bug bites. Try this DIY bug spray as an alternative to your usual, toxic repellent.
- For those of you who prefer sandy beaches to river banks, remember that it’s possible to have a little too much fun in the sun. Don’t forget your sunscreen and grab your favorite hat to keep harmful rays off your face. In case you do end up with some sunburn despite your best efforts, use this natural sunburn cream to relieve the pain.
- If your summer accommodations include a kitchen, try to prepare some fresh meals with local ingredients instead of eating out for every meal. You can even get your HipCity fix by following this recipe for our signature BFG.
- Wherever you may be headed, eat fresh and eat local! If you’re unfamiliar with the area you’re dining in, use this helpful site to find out what’s in season.
Happy trails! We can’t wait to see you and your #BestSelf soon.